Upgrading your #Joomla 2.5.x to latest #Joomla 3.9.x
The migration from Joomla! 2.5 to 3.9.x is considered a major-migration. This is because the Joomla! core extensions will upgrade with a “one-click” upgrade via the Joomla! Update component in the backend administrator side of Joomla. Many third-party extensions are a one-click upgrade too. Some are not. You need to look at each one and determine what path the extension needs to follow to get from 2.5 to 3.9.x.* First step to be taken is #backup of your #site before upgrading. Reason being possibility of experience difficulties with third party #plugins not #compatible with Latest version of Joomla.
* Secondly, while updating your #extensions, please make sure any modified Third Party extensions. Consult your developer or company to know site details.
(Note: Modification of Joomla files is strongly not recommended, the fact that overwrite files result website not functioning. Please use the overrides. If using a 3rd party extensions)
* Setup #testing environment to work in and restore the back up copy of your 2.5.x site in one of the following places #subdomain, #XAMP, #LAMP.
* Go to Extensions > Extension manager Check to ensure that your extensions are all #updated to their latest versions. Ensure that you’re currently running Joomla 2.5.x or Above.
* Go to #Components > Joomla Update and then click on the “Options” button change the Update Server to Short Term #Support; then click Save and Close.
* On the test site, the FINAL STEP will be to click on “Install the Update”.
(Note: experience cache issues Joomla not determining update available navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager. Open the “Update” tab click “Purge Cache”)
What are the steps for migration to Joomla 3.x
Joomla! 2.5.28 can only be migrated to the latest Joomla 3.x in two or more steps. First migrate to version 3.5.1. Then you will be offered version 3.6.5. Finally the current version will be available in the Joomla Updates page of the Components menu.
Once you have either updated or uninstalled your third-party extensions so that only those compatible with Joomla! 3 remain in your installation, continue with the following steps:
1. Go to Site → Global Configuration → Server tab and turn Error Reporting from System Default to Maximum. Make sure to Save & Close
What the Joomla Developer from Elderberry Tech can do:
- Upgrade the version of Joomla store.
- Extension installation like payment or shipping options .
- Custom programming to link third party system with Joomla using the API's.
- Installation themes template and additions features.
- Migrating your online store and to new host or new domain configure.
- Monthly technical support for Joomla.
- Solve Joomla advanced programming problems such as dealing with events, databases and the administrative interface.
Major skills of a Joomla Professional Developer:
- Designing, testing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Modifying existing programs to meet company needs
- Developing quality assurance testing methods
- Evaluating the software for its efficiency and usability
- Implementing programs
- Integrating systems
- Training users
- Monitoring systems