About Fortnox is Sweden's leading supplier of internet-based programs for companies, associations and accounting and auditing firms. The business side is to offer a wide range of Internet-based programs that are easy to learn and use, yet powerful and feature-rich enough to meet most needs and wants. Introduction to the module Fortnox 3 is a module for integration between OpenCart and the business system Fortnox. To use this integration, it is required that you have an account with Fortnox. The data you need to activate the connection are API code (Authorization Code) and Client Secret (Client-Secret).
Functions:1. Multistore (separate API connections and settings per store)
2. Create orders and customers
3. Create articles (if these are not already posted at Fortnox)
4. Create invoices
5. Create an invoice directly from an existing order in Fortknox
6. Generate and display a PDF invoice
7. Email/Send a PDF invoice directly to the customer
8. Cancel an order or invoice directly from OpenCart
9. Send a reminder on an invoice
10. Post an invoice
11. Feedback (register changes made directly in Fortnox)
12. Built-in event log that logs events/error messages
13. Separate work modes for orders and invoices
Included language files:1. English language file
2. Swedish language file
How to install and activate the Fortnox 3 integration:
Here you find Fortnox 3 the integration after installation You can find Fortnox 3 under Add-ons->Modules from the menu in OpenCart admin. vqmod This module uses vqmod to create a shortcut directly to the work mode located under Sales->Fortnox 3 in the menu.
- a. Install the Fortnox 3 module by clicking [Install]
- b. Click [Change] to enter the settings form
- c. Select Status: Enabled from the drop-down list (for selected store)
- d. Enter API code and Client secret (as you received from Fortnox)
- e. Press the [Generate Token] button
- f. A Token will now be filled in the Token field
- g. Press the [Apply] button to save settings.
Important: An API code can only be used once to generate a token, then it is spent. This means that if you run Multistore and need to activate one of your other hosted OpenCart stores, you must either:
a. Create a separate API connection for each of your stores in Fortnox.
b. Copy only the Token and Client Secret from your existing connection.
- a. Send prices incl. VAT: Select: No (most common)
- b. Press the button [Get company-specific data] Now the list boxes below must be filled with list values downloaded from Fortnox. It is optional to fill in these. If you choose not to enter these values, what is specified in Fortnox's settings will apply.
- c. Now select the (General) tab
- d. The settings you find below are optional to fill in and pretty self-explanatory. I will only explain the most important ones here.
- e. Marginal VAT: The functions Gift cards and Discount coupons in OpenCart do not have built-in VAT management. This setting fixes this and calculates VAT backwards.
- f. Send with VAT: The absolute most common is that you choose no here. The VAT is usually set via an accounting plan.
- g. Sales accounts: You can enter these details if you want, usually you don't need it.
- h. Feedback: When you change the status of an order or invoice directly in Fortnox, you can control whether you want it to take effect in OpenCart. This check is performed every time the settings form is loaded.
- i. Filter orders by order status: Choose which orders should be visible under the (Orders) tab. By using this setting, you can e.g. control so that already sent orders disappear from the list.
- j. Filter invoices by order status: Same as above but applies to invoices.
- k. Cut-off date: Orders placed before the entered date will not be possible to ship.
- l. Order status: With these settings, you can change the order status of an order when a certain event has been performed. An entry is also created in the order history about what was carried out, for maximum traceability.
API Settings Fortnox:Screenshot of the API settings form this is what the settings form looks like the first time you use the module. In this mode, you must fill in the API code and Client secret to continue the configuration.
- Navigate to Extension -> Fortnox 3.
- Navigate to the API Tab tab.
General Tab Fortnox:Screenshot of the settings form under the General tab Here's what it might look like after you've set up the form.
- Navigate to Extension -> Fortnox 3.
- Navigate to the General Tab tab.
Start working with the Fortnox 3 module
Now you have filled in all the settings and are ready to start working with the integration. Send as well as customer to Fortnox
- a. Fortnox order number
- b. Created/Changed date/time
- c. Order status d. Status In connection with orders being created at Fortnox, customer/product(s) can also be created. This depends on how you have set up the module.